Redmi’s latest device has seen some heavy leaks over the past week, but now it’s finally here. The new Redmi 7 is a mid-range device that directly picks up where the Redmi 6 left off. The specs aren’t exactly anything to scream about, but it’s the sheer value on offer that truly matters here.
Unlike previous iterations, the new Redmi sports an all-glass design with an aluminum frame, similar to the Redmi Note 7 before it. It’s a handsome design, and one we’re happy to see make an appearance here. There’s also a 3.5mm headphone jack on here, oh the joy! That aside, let’s take a closer look at the new Redmi 7.
Redmi 7 Specifications
- 6.3-inch (1520 × 720) IPS LCD display, Gorilla Glass 5,
- Snapdragon 632 (8 x 1.8GHz Kryo 250) with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage with expandable storage
- 12MP, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- MIUI 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo, Android 9 coming soon
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Rear-facing fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 76.4 x 8.47 mm
- Weight: 180g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS, NFC, CAT6 Modem
- Dual SIM slots (hybrid tray)
- 4,000mAh battery
- Colors: Blue, Red, Black
Now we arrive at what you’ve all been waiting for, the price of the device. Well, a brand spankin’ new Redmi 7 will cost you CNY 699 ($104), 799 ($119) and 999 ($149) for each variant. This once again firmly lands the Redmi as the standard for other mid-rangers to come. It’s an impressive package for the price, though competition is hotter than ever.
What are your thoughts on the brand new Redmi 7? Are you interested in getting one for yourself, or would you rather get yourself something else? What do you think could be the prime competitor to the Redmi 7? Tell us your thoughts down in the comments section below.